Last update [September 25, 2023]: The Buttonwood Tree is a two room establishment. The performance area is flat, with ample room for mobility equipment, there is no elevated stage. All areas are wheelchair accessible. There is a significant incline from entrance door to lobby. I’m not sure why we still have this, but I will see if we can eliminate this.
Entreeways & Doors
Entry door to establishment is non-automatic, outward swinging, inside locking, latch on left side. Latch sticks.
Bathroom door is non-automatic, outward swinging, inside locking, latch on right side. Difficult to open from inside.
- Entrance door width: inside locking, 35 inches wide
- Bathroom door width: 35 inches
- Entrance and bathroom door latch: right side, lever style, 38 inches from floor
- Performance space archway width: 48 inches, no door
Bathroom is unisex: door is non-automatic, outward swinging, latch on right side. Difficult to open from inside.
- Edge of sink to right side wall: 51 inches
- Sink height: 35.5 inches
- Toilet height: 19 inches from floor to seat
- 2 support bars: behind toilet, right wall. Can support full bodyweight. Exact capacity: TBA as soon as possible.
- 1 grab bar: I have not tested this yet.
- Bar height: 34.5 inches from floor
Bookstore / Lobby
- Lobby carpeted, bookstore linoleum hardwood
- Ample room for wheelchair access
- Comfortably navigable when 2-3 people are in bookstore.
- Can be difficult to navigate automatic chairs / scooters when attendance reaches 15-20.
Accomodations / Courtesy / Policy
We maintain a gap of 3 feet between aisles in the performance space. We have a seating capacity of 35.
- We are trying to work out reliable ASL accomodations. If you’d like to support this cause, email us.
- Scent-free soaps available, other items available upon request
- Mask policy available by individuals upon request.
For any additional accomodations, and/or resources, contact our events coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.